What we are fighting for in 2017
1. Passage of the Pennsylvania Fairness Act to end discrimination against the LGBT community in Pennsylvania.
4. Passage of House Bill 304 which would mandate health insurance companies to provide the needed care for our transgender brothers and sisters.
5. Passage of House Bill 99 and 101 which would strengthen anti-bullying laws in Pennsylvania to help protect LGBT youth and provide school officials the tools they need to combat bullying
6. An end to LGBT youth homelessness through promotion of LGBT safe houses and scholarship opportunities for homeless LGBT youth.
7. Election of LGBT-friendly candidates to the Pennsylvania General Assembly, the Senate, and the U.S. Congress.
8. Protection of LGBT older adults.
9. A voice for all LGBT people who are otherwise disenfranchised, and in potential danger of deportation.
Pennsylvania Equality Project Initiatives
Ban Conversion Therapy
Do you run an LGBT-friendly company? Would you like free advertising on our page? We are offering free weblinks from our website to yours on the only Pennsylvania statewide resource of its kind. Looking for a LGBT-friendly company for your next event? If you are planning to get married, need a florist or wedding venue, turn to us for help. Check out our website first.
The Pennsylvania Equality Project has published a web log that chronicles the events of the past four years. Since the inception of this website, I have written my thoughts about various topics including PEP and ME4PA events, marriage equality, bullying, hazing, immigration, and other matters important to the LGBT community. If you would like to add your comments, contact [email protected] for details on becoming a guest blogger.
Send a message to the Pennsylvania legislature about the Fairness Act. We demand to be treated equally under the law whether lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer. Furthermore, we need protection from discrimination for housing, employment, and all public accommodations. Our lives matter, and we must fight to win our rights. Sign today.